In 2010, when I had reached the age of about 63, I decided that I had enough
life experience and I had little enough life left that it was time for me to
begin writing. So my writings are now made available as ebooks under the
author name, Roie Philom, and as a
But the most complete versions are available to family and friends who are
interested as a flash drive called "Start" and as a portable hard disk
drive called "Legacy". After my time in this world has passed, then if anyone
finds themselves reading my words, I will to a small extent come alive again
in that person's mind.
- A Summary of my Beliefs
- Developing a Life Plan - A person's
approach to his life.
- Humans and their Future - by Duane Bristow
- Questionaries by Duane Bristow
- Duane Bristow's Legacy and the Future
- What Do I Think I Am?
- Men, Women, Passion, Sperm Competition
- Genomes and Neuroscience - Cloning and
- Population and the Environment
- Social Structure, Education, Culture,
- Science, and Knowledge
- Governments and Economics
- Transportation, Communication, Energy
- Philosophy, Health, Life Goals and
- Forms of Personal Relationships
- Society and Laws
- A Possible Description of Life in the Future
- A Possible Description of Life in the Future
- The Future
- School - by Duane Bristow
- Jack of Many Trades - my Life
Duane Bristow's Life Book
11 pages -
5 pages -
2 pages -
- History and Science and Philosophy
Essays and thoughts about history and science and philosophy developed over
the last forty years.
- Nature of Existence
- Who Am I?
- The Curtain of Knowledge
- Politics and Social Relationships
and Economics 101
- Scientific Discoveries and Technological Inventions of
- The World According to Roie!
- Monitor and Control - How our government
- Six Worlds on Earth
- World Views
- Time is a Puzzle
- Brain Droppings
- Questioning Basic Beliefs:
- Consciousness and Quantum Theory
- Black Holes, Creation, Free Will, Predestination
- Web Links:
- The Naked Ape:
- The essence of forest management in
Appalachian hardwood forests:
- When I was younger, 50 or 60 years ago in the 1950s and 1960s, the world
was a very different place than it is today:
- The End of Life
- Solving Wicked Problems
- Neural Pathways
- Conservative Beliefs
- Governments and Power
- The Function of the Middle Class
- A Bleak Future?
- Notes from watching a Daniel Dennett Video
- Hate Groups
- Core Beliefs of Conservatives
- Who are We?
- How the world is supposed to be!
- Systems Analysis and Me
- I am Life!
- Jobs, Inequality, Utopia!
- Is it Race or Class?
- Martin Luther King, Jr., SCLC Presidential Address,
- Important Issues:
- Birth Rights:
- A Somewhat Different Perspective:
- Mass Shooting:
- A New Look:
- Culture Archive:
- "Proof" Lyrics:
- Wisdom of the Crowd:
- Maslow's Hierarchy of needs:
- The Big Lie:
- Relationships among people after the neolithic revolution:
- Desiderata, Thomas Paine, Identity,
- Sports and Prayer
- Crazy Ideas People Believe
- Reasons for Killing Another
- Future Scenarios
- Some Christians Visit
- Our Mortality
- Life Questions
- Economic History of America
- World Views and Fake News
- Perspective - Essay 3
- Problems People have Interpreting Data
- How to Debate Questions in Human
- Attachment to Things
- Capitalism’s Final Solution Is Nothing Less than Complete Ecological
- My Interests:
- Control by the Privileged:
- Big Rock Candy Mountain:
- Things that are Important in Life:
- Life Lines:
- The Medical Profession:
- Dissatisfied where you live?
- Cathedral Thinking:
- Evolution and Inequality:
- Describe Myself:
- The Dawn of Human Culture by Richard G.
- David Frum - The Atlantic
- Linear vs. Systems Thinkers
- If You Are...
- Altruist vs. Egocentrist
- Wealth vs. Poverty
- Living Spaces
- Poor People's Campaign
- Occupations and Hobbies
- Liberals vs. Conservatives
- Humans Part 2
- The Puzzle
- Divine Right of Kings
- Myths we believe about our government:
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep
- A conundrum for the rich elite.
- "Workin' Man Blues"
- Reading and Understanding
- The Yellow Vest movement in France asks:
- Stages of a person's life:
- Submission to Governments
- Trickle up or down?
- Purposes of Life
- Abortion Rights:
- Constitutional Crisis
- The Brook - Poem by Alfred Lord Tennyson
- World Views for:
- Good and Bad:
- Problems in modern life:
- Republican plans to hold power in the face
- A story about computer programming:
- Humans have evolved so that:
- The Nature of Humans:
- Dumb or Not?
- Stages of Life
- Education - Ideas and Principles
- Diet and Health - research by Duane
Bristow including sugars, carbs, gluten, fatty acids, and cholestrol.
- This is It! as is This
- Daily Life in a Historical Context
- The History and the Culture of Clinton County
- Humor, Puzzles, Games, and Mind Teasers
Stories, legal cases collected by a judge, and other humor collected over the last twenty five years as well as some mental puzzles.
- Grandpa Tell Me
- Are we Woke?
Original poems and favorite poetry from the public domain.
- Doctor - Patient Problems
- Our Cabin
- Photography - my world.
- Photography - My Autumn Photos
- Photography - my family
- Duane & Eva Bristow
- Nature - Pantheism
- Pictorial History of Man
- -------- Holiday Illustrated Poems --------------
- A Winter Night
- Forestry and Accounting
Essays and thoughts about forestry developed over
the last forty years and an introduction to double entry bookkeeping.
- Ripples in the Force - A Fantasy
Roie Philom's fantasy about cruising timber and finding a secluded retreat
and how life could be. This book contains sex, violence, fantasy, history,
computer programming, philosophy and forest mensuration among a few other
things. If you don't want to read about any of these things then please don't
read it. Otherwise enjoy!
- Striking at the Root of Evil - a call for
reform of political campaigns and the influence of money on government.
- Is the World Stupid or Am I?
Some midi music files.
- The Wild Riders of the First Kentucky
written in 1894 by Eastham Tarrant and now in the public domain. This is a
historical account of a cavalry unit in the Civil War written by the members
of the unit about 30 years after the end of the war.
The oriental board game of strategically placing stones.
- Stratego Setups
Basic piece setups for the board game of stratego.
- Stratego Strategy
How to play stratego wisely.
- Family, History, Community
- Culture, Art, Media Collections
- War of the Minds
- Found on the Internet
- A Short
History of the World by H. G. Wells
- The History of Herodotus - Vol. I
The History of Herodotus - Vol. II
- Captured By The Indians
Reminiscences of Pioneer Life in Minnesota.
By Minnie Buce Carrigan.
The Dakota War of 1862.
- Reason vs. Faith & The Dark Ages - videos
- History of the Universe to the Evolution of Humans - videos
- Humans Change the World
- Shattering the Sacred Myths -
- Big Dummies Guide to Religion, Philosophy, and
- Quotes from Alan Watts
- God is Not Great
excerpts by Christopher Hitchens
- 20 Reasons to Abandon Christianity
excerpts by Chaz Bufe
A discussion of happiness of nations and of the Gross National Happiness of
Bhutan and several happiness questionaires.
- Excerpts from "How to Win Friends and Influence
PDF version of whole book
- Weighing the End of Life - from
The NY Times by Louise Aronson
- End of Life Care - The Conversation and Karen Boudreau's letter
- Edge - 2012 - What is your Favorite Deep, Elegant,
or Beautiful Explanation?
- Euclid's Elements
- A Universe Not Made for Us - video
- Relativity of Wrong by Issac Asimov
- The Fine Structure Constant
- A Brief History of Clocks
- The Nature of Time
- The Boy with the Incredible Brain - videos - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,
- Interview about "Sex at Dawn: The Prehistoric Origins of Modern Sexuality" by Christopher Ryan and Cacilda Jethá
- The Worst Mistake of the Human Race by Jared
- Life Expectancy in the Paleolithic by Ron
Hoggan, Ed. D.
- Sexual Behavior
in Pre Contact Hawaii by Milton Diamond, PH.D.
Global sex: sexuality and sexual practices around the world by JUDITH
- Nisa: The Life and Words of a !Kung Woman
by Marjorie Shostak
- Politics and Economics
- Invasion of the Data Snatchers - from
The NY Times by Bill Keller
- A Great Debate - from
The NY Times by Gary Gutting
- What's Wrong With Inequality? - Gary Gutting
- The U.S. behaves nothing like a democracy -
by Noam Chomsky.
- Why Police Lie Under Oath - from
The NY Times by Michelle Alexander
- Democracy - from Global Issues
- The Federal Budget Rescaled by Terry Tao
- Americans Want to Live in a More Equal Country
- A Future Worth Living
by Chaz Bufe.
- The Republican Brain
- The Oligarchy
"The Quiet Coup" by Simon Johnson in "The Atlantic" May 2009 and articles from
"Rolling Stone" by Matt Taibbi.
- Who Rules America
The Bohemian Grove
The Corporate Community
The Ford Foundation
Growth Coalition Theory
- Inside Job - videos - 1, 2
The financial crisis beginning in 2008.
- Taxes - by Warren Buffett & Steven Rattner
- Tax Wealth not Income
- Great Expectations
by Charles Dickens - 1867
- The Machine Stops
by E. M. Forster - 1909
- The Woman Haters
by Joseph C. Lincoln - 1911
- Ronisms by Ron Shirley
- The Notebooks of Lazarus Long
- Allan Johnson
Pages on web site
Sculpture of Ancient Greece
Venus of Cyrene
Last revised December 2012.
Please send comments.
All contents copyright (C) 2011, Duane Bristow. All rights reserved.